Want to know how to use your new TRIGGER? Read on ...
IMPORTANT NOTE ON WIRING
Do not wire your accessories using a chassis ground instead of the ground wire provided in the Trigger harness.
THE ACCESSORY WILL NOT TURN OFF IF WIRED THIS WAY!
The Trigger should be a closed circuit to protect the circuitry and so it will not introduce noise into the rest of the electrical system on the vehicle.
We have created a simple DIY positive switching fix for chassis ground issues. Click the button below to view the wiring diagram.
APP SET UP INSTRUCTIONS
- Ensure Bluetooth is active on your mobile device, and the Trigger Controller is powered on.
- Download and install App on your Android or IOS device. Search “Trigger ACS” if you have difficulty locating it in your App Store.
Once downloaded and installed, go to your system's Bluetooth settings to pair your phone to the Trigger Controller.
- iOS: Bluetooth pairing occurs automatically, there is no need to manually pair the App.
- Android: look for either "Trigger" or "Run-D" as a device name. Pair your mobile device to the Trigger Controller using pairing code '1234'.
- Launch the App, tap the 'Scan' icon at the bottom of the screen to connect to your Trigger Controller.
- After a few seconds, the App will connect. Power, strobe, and dimming functionality will now be active.
- Tap the 'Settings' icon to customize the names of your Trigger connected accessories. Tap 'Save' to save the customized names.
- Tap 'Home' to return to the main App screen.
We've created a How-To section to guide you through
some of the more advanced features of The TRIGGER
TRIGGER RF Remote Passcode Setting
The Trigger Accessory Control System includes a feature for custom RF Remote Passcode settings.
While not necessary for out of the box use, you might want to consider updating your RF Remote Passcode if you experience any interference when using the system, or when installing more than one TRIGGER on the same vehicle.
- On the Control Module, press and hold buttons 1 and 4 simultaneously … the blue LED indicator for circuit 4 will flash several times and then remain solid. Release buttons 1 and 4.
- On the remote, press and hold keys 1 and 4 simultaneously until the backlight turns off. Release keys 1 and 4, the backlight should now be flashing. The RF Remote is now ready to accept a new passcode.
- Choose a new passcode by pressing keys 1 and/or 4 on the remote in any combination of your choosing; the passcode must be three or more numbers in length, and only using keys 1 and/or 4. In this video, we set the code to ‘1144’. Finally, press and hold keys 1 and 4 on the remote simultaneously until the backlight stops flashing. Release keys 1 and 4, wait several seconds for the backlight to turn on and off. Your new RF Remote Passcode is now active.
- Pressing keys 2 or 3 on the remote will exit Passcode Setting Mode.
To watch a how-to video of this feature click here.
Trigger is u.s. and international patents pending and a creation of Advanced Accessory Concepts LLC
Copyright 2017 All Rights Reserved